Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hopefully it's starting now!!

So about 4am today, I got up to pee and felt a WHOOSH before I even let go of my muscles to pee. When I wiped, I didn't see anything, so I went back to bed.

At 5am, I woke up to intense period-pains, and after it passed, I got up again to go pee. While standing in the bathroom, I felt another WHOOOSH and had liquid running down my legs. When I went pee again and wiped, it was pink this time. So I woke up Jay and off to the hospital we went, thinking my water broke.

I was having some pretty painful contractions, that seemed fairly regular, while I was hooked up to the non stress test machine. After that, I peed again and had another WHOOSH in the toilet. This time it was slightly brown with flecks in it.

They finally used a speculum to check and see if it was my water, which they said it wasn't. It was watery, but it was mucus. So I was sent home.

I've still been having some pretty painful contractions, but they aren't regular. But they are constant... I've been having them all day.

We went to Walmart to walk around for a while, and after about an hour, I went to the bathroom again. When I was sitting there, during another contraction, I felt something come out of me. It's hard to describe! But I looked in the toilet, and there was this big glob of clear/whiteness with streaks of brown and red in it. And every time I wiped, there was brown jelly (ick). Turns out, that was my mucus plug! So things are definitely progressing (OUCH CONTRACTION!). I'm really hoping to go into full blown labour tonight, but some people say it can take a few days. :( Well, fingers crossed! Hopefully by this time tomorrow, we'll be holding little Marshall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment