Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My hubby is a compulsive pack-rat. Seriously, he needs to go on that show "Hoarders" or whatever it's called. He has boxes upon boxes (upon drawers and cupboards) full of junk that has no particular use or meaning whatsoever. Well, to me, anyways.

Therein lies the problem. Since it's all his junk, I can't really do much with it, because I don't want to get in trouble for throwing out something that he might want to keep. Which, in all honesty, is probably everything.

But we have no space for all of Marshall's things! Granted, we'll have more room once our roommate moves out, but in the meantime, where are we going to store all the things that we'll be getting at our baby shower in 2 weeks?!

I've managed to pack away all my pre-pregnancy clothes (and some clothes for Marshall that won't fit him until he's about a year old) and clean out space in my dresser so that I have 2 drawers for newborn clothing. That's about as much as I can do, since all the rest of the closets are full of DH's accumulated junk. He managed to clean out one huge tote that was full of VHS tapes, which is what I used to pack away my clothing. But now it's sitting on top of the dog's cage, because he never managed to put it away again.

Moving as much as I've done over the last several years (I was like a gypsy!), I learned how to live light. Everything I owned fit into 2 suitcases and 2 boxes. Sure, there are some things I wish I'd kept, but in the grand scheme of things, I've always had what I needed when I needed it. DH moved from a townhouse into a 2 bedroom apartment, and rather than go through and get rid of things he didn't need, just shoved everything into closets.

Now that I seem to be in my "nesting phase", I'm itching to go through and clean everything top to bottom! I've always been a neat and tidy person, but the first half of my pregnancy left me so drained and sick all the time, I didn't bother much with tidying. Now that I want to tidy, I've cleaned everything I can, and still want to do more!

*Edit: 4 days now till the shower and we still haven't gone through the closets. Oh well, perhaps we will after the shower, when we'll be forced to in order to store things. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment