Monday, September 27, 2010

It's the little things...

Most pregnant women know, it's hard to feel sexy about yourself when you're gaining weight and feeling icky all the time.. right? Ok, maybe it's just me, I dunno.

Anyways, last week I decided to do a complete overhaul of my look again. I have a maternity shoot coming up this week, and I wanted to look as awesome as possible for it. So I got my hair cut downtown at Voila (the local hair school) and then coloured it at home. I'm now sporting a rockin' mohawk and raspberry-coloured hair! It looks superb.

I also spotted myself a super sweet pair of plugs from BMA Modified (http://shop.bmamodified.com/) on their ebay shop (http://stores.ebay.ca/BMA-Modified). I wasn't sure if they'd be able to get here in time for the shoot, but I asked Miranda the owner if there was a way to get them here ASAP. She offered me a free shipping upgrade to Priority because I've been a loyal customer with them for the last year now. And do you know what? That totally made my day!

I know, most people don't understand my fascination with plugs/tunnels/whatever you wanna call them. But BMA has such nice things and they're so well priced, I've ordered so many from them over the last year as I've been slowly stretching. And to be honest, nothing lifts my mood quite like getting new jewelry. It's not quite as big of a change as getting a super short hair cut and a really drastic colour... but sometimes it really is the little things that help make you feel special. And when someone is as nice as Miranda and offers me a free shipping upgrade to try to get my plugs here in time for my maternity shoot? Well, that almost gets the hormone-tears flowing. :)

Anyone looking for super cool organic plugs should definitely check out BMA. Their customer service is awesome, their merch is top quality, and their prices are so low... you can get like 5 pairs for the same price you'd pay for one pair at a local body mod shop! So get your shop on and adorn those ears. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment