Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Diaper Clutch awesomeness!!

So, have I mentioned before that I *love* sewing?? I think I have. I'm sure I have. But I'll say it again...

No matter how much my knees/back/shoulders ache from sitting on the floor cutting material, from sitting at my sewing machine, or any other aspect of it... I LOVE SEWING!

Alright, so now that we've got that out of the way, on to the post!


I made my first Diaper Clutch last night. I fully intended to only cut out all my pieces, iron on the fusible interfacing, and then leave everything else for tonight. I truly meant to do just that. But I didn't. Once I started cutting and ironing and getting everything together, I just couldn't wait to see how it would all turn out in the end! It's a bit like a drug. I can see the finish line off in the distance, and every pin I use or every stitch I make, brings me closer to the completion of my project. It's addictive!

I have never made one of these before. Never even tried. I saw one that I really liked on Etsy and I went to work trying to figure out how she made it. I pictured diagrams in my head, did the math from her dimensions to figure out how big I'd need to cut my material, drew photos and wrote down all my calculations. I started doing all of this last week sometime.

So anyways, I spent about 3 hours working on this. I wasn't finished until 11pm last night (and boy, was I exhausted!!), tho technically I wasn't done until this morning when I installed the snaps; couldn't do it last night because I didn't want to wake Marshall up.

The inside pocket is the perfect size for my cellphone, and the back pocket ... well I had put it there to use for my cigarettes (I know, ick right?) but it kinda makes my bag go all wonky. So I will use it for papers and appointment cards and smaller things instead.

Ok, photos! :)







The Clutch measures 10" long across the top when laid flat, 8" long across the bottom. It's 6" high and 2" wide. It fits a pack of travel wipes and 2 diapers (size 5). :) Also works great as my everyday purse.

Later y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment